Changes Implemented at Your Nursery Due to Covid-19
topsy turvy Day Nursery has always encouraged children to learn through play..
We appreciate that this is an anxious time, making the decision whether you would like your child should go back to Nursery or even start Nursery for the first time.
We want to share with you the measures that we have been implementing at Mead Open Farm Day Nursery when it remained open for key workers (which follow the government guidance ‘Implementing Protective Measures in Education and Childcare Settings’).
These will remain in place when we reopen for all children to minimise the risk of infection for the safety of all our staff and children.
What measures we are taking to minimise the risk of infection and keep your child safe?
- There will be designated drop off and collection points outside the setting, parents and visitors will not be permitted to enter the setting. Staff will be wearing face masks on drop off and collection of children.
- Temperature checks of all staff and children will be taken on arrival to the setting and hand washing will take place on entry as well as throughout the day.
- Children will be organised into small ‘bubble’ groups, where possible these groups will not mix during the day with other bubble groups. We will try to consider friendship groups where possible.
- Layouts of our classrooms will be considered to support smaller ‘bubble’ groups of children.
- There will be allocated times for ‘bubble’ groups to be outside and equipment will be cleaned in between groups.
- All staff will receive up to date training in managing infection control and preventing the risk of Coronavirus.
- No outings away from the setting into the local community will take place until further notice.
- We will have an enhanced cleaning schedule to ensure that all equipment and resources are cleaned regularly including reception areas, touch points and bathroom areas.
- All soft furnishing, soft toys and rugs will be removed from our classrooms to prevent the risk of infection.
- If a child or staff member becomes unwell with symptoms in the setting they will be sent home and asked to isolate in line with the government guidelines. Staff will wear PPE whilst waiting for a child to be collected and the area will be thoroughly cleaned prior to reopening.
What can parents do to help minimise the risk of infection and keep their child safe:
- We ask that only parents and children who are symptom free attend the setting. If your child or someone in your household displays any symptoms of Covid-19, please notify the Manager by telephone, stay at home and isolate in line with the government guidelines
- If you have been tested for Covid-19 please await your result before attending the setting with your children
- Please keep to social distancing rules, this includes keeping 2 metres distance from staff, other children, and other parents/carers.
- Please can we ask that where possible only 1 parent is to drop off and collect your child to support with social distancing outside of the setting.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to store any buggies, car seats or children’s scooters inside the setting and these will need to be stored at home or in our outside designated area.
- Please do not bring in toys from home, this will help us to minimise any risk of infection. If your child does have a comforter to support their well-being this is fine, however we do ask if it can be cleaned daily.
For more information or to discuss your child’s return to Nursery or Pre-School, please contact your Nursery Manager.
We are pleased to confirm that if you are not yet ready to return your children to topsy turvy Day Nursery, then there will be no fee to hold your child’s place.
If you wish to enquire about joining our Nursery complete our enquiry form or contact us.
A Professional Team
When we took the decision at topsy turvy world to start a Nursery, choosing the right partner was vital and we are delighted that we have joined an alliance with Kids Play Childcare.
Sharing our vision for quality, Kids Play Childcare have been looking after future generations for 15 years and now care for children in Day Nurseries, Pre-Schools, Out of School Clubs and Activity Day Camps.
For more details visit www.kidsplaychildcare.co.uk
The topsy turvy Day Nursery and Pre-School is all about giving children the very best start in life. We are committed to providing the highest quality childcare from 6 weeks-5 years.
We strive to:
- Nurture each child’s unique qualities and potential at every stage of their development
- Provide a safe, secure and stable environment in which each child can thrive
- Support families through strong partnerships
Download Our Brochure
Click the link above to download a copy of our leaflet.